Rental Terms and Conditions for Camper Vans
- Rates and Daily Hire Charges
- Standard Rates Include
- Vehicle Substitution
- Minimum Hire
- On Road Assistance
- Maintenance and Repairs – Equipment Faults
- Drivers’ Requirements and Licences
- Road Restrictions
- Insurance Waiver Options
- Non Smoking Policy
- Traffic Infringements
- Deposit and Payment
- Credit Cards
- Cancellation and early return policy
- Rental extension and late return policy
- Change of Drop-Off destination
- Physical Address
Camper Van Hire rentals are charged per calendar day in NZ Dollars.
All prices include Goods and Service Tax (GST) of 15%.
A deposit of 20% (or $500.00 minimum) is required to secure hire period with the balance to be paid prior to hire commencement.
There is a minimum hire period of 7 calendar days.
Rates are negotiable on long-term rentals. Contact Us for more information
Rates are subject to change without notice.
- Unlimited Kilometres
- Vehicle Insurance cover*
- Road User Charges / Diesel Tax
- AA 24-hour roadside assistance throughout NZ
- Full tank of fuel (to be replaced when returning the vehicle)
- Complimentary transfers (see below)
- Cleaning fees and pre-departure vehicle preparation
- Cooking facilities and utensils
- Living equipment, fire extinguisher and first aid kit
NZ Maps, Campsite and Holiday Park Directories and other tourist information supplied on request from our depots.
New Zealand Camper Vans reserves the right to substitute a similar or superior vehicle to the hirer. This excludes any breach of contract on our part or refund to the hirer.
There is a minimum period of seven (7) calendar days for vehicles.
A standard rental agreement requires that all hired vehicles must be returned to their starting destinations or one way destination by arrangement.
One way rentals are available subject to the term of hire. (Relocation fees may apply)
For customers arriving and departing from Auckland, Christchurch or Nelson, a complimentary transfer is available on the day of pick-up or drop-off of the vehicle from the Airport or your accomodation within a 10km radius of the Airport. This service is available between our business hours of 8:30am and 5:30pm. mon – fri , 9am-4pm sat and CLOSED Sundays and Chrismas Day (or outside of these times by prior mutual arrangement) The hirer must advise us of pick up and drop off times one week before collection to be guaranteed the transfer at a certain time.
Camper Van hire bookings come with 24-hour roadside assistance or factory warranty throughout New Zealand. Policy documents and contact numbers are provided with your vehicle.
Any mechanical failures or problems with the vehicle must be reported as soon as possible so that we may rectify the problems during the rental or arrange a replacement for you.
The hirer is not entitled to any refund at the end of the hire period unless we have been informed of the problem earlier. The Company does not accept any liability for any claims made after the return of the vehicle. If the breakdown has directly caused a delay in travel of 12 hours or more, a refund for this period may be requested. Refunds for delays of less in one location are at the discretion of the Company.
The hirer shall take all reasonable care to ensure that the vehicle is properly maintained during the hire period, including daily checks of oil, water and battery levels. The hirer shall be liable for any cost associated with the incorrect use of fuel (diesel or petrol), including putting fuel in the water tank or refilling with the wrong type of fuel.
The failure of accessories such as TV, DVD, CD player does not constitute a breakdown. Whilst we will endeavour to facilitate any repairs during the rental period, the hirer is not entitled to a vehicle change or compensation should repairs be impossible.
All drivers must be 21 years of age or older and hold a current valid New Zealand or approved overseas License at the commencement of the hire.
The licence must be a full driver’s licence and held for at least two year.
Licences must be presented at the time of hire.
No special licence is required.
Camper Vans may be driven on any road in NZ except the following, which are prohibited in all circumstances:
- Ninety Mile Beach – Northland
- North of Colville Township – Coromandel Peninsula
- Tapu-Coroglen Road – Coromandel Peninsula
- Skippers Canyon Road – Queenstown
- Ball Hutt Road – Mt. Cook
- Any skifield road in NZ
- Any forest or beach area or similar
Driving is also not permitted on any beach or unformed/gravel road in New Zealand. The only exceptions to this are for recognised campground access roads or publicly mapped and maintained unsealed roads, or public road works.
The company also reserves the right at its sole discretion to restrict vehicle movements in certain areas due to adverse road or weather conditions. Where possible, this information will be supplied to the hirer at the commencement of the hire contract, but is subject to change throughout the rental period.
Please note that if these road restrictions are breached, all insurances will become null and void and the hirer will be liable for the full cost of any and all damages incurred.
All Camper hires include vehicle insurance for accident, fire and theft, including third party cover.
- Insurance does not cover hirer’s personal property.
- Insurance does not apply to reckless driving or driving under the influence of drugs/ alcohol.
- An excess applies where the hirer is responsible or the first NZ$5000 of any accident claim (see Bond). Windscreen/glass excess is $500
- All drivers must be over 21 years old with a minimum 2 years driving experience, and hold a current valid N.Z. Drivers license or approved international driver’s license
The following options are available to reduce your NZ$5000.00 insurance excess:
- An additional NZ$20 per day rental hire per vehicle reduces your excess to $1500
- An additional NZ$30 per day rental hire per vehicle reduces your excess to $250
- An additional NZ$40 per day rental hire per vehicle reduces your excess to $00 and includes tyres/glass cover (not windscreen)
Optional Windscreen and Glass cover is available for an extra NZ$50 per hire per vehicle.
A bond of NZ$5000.00 dollars is payable by credit card swipe to cover any accident or damage claim to the vehicle.
This bond will be used if any damage or claim occurs and/or money deducted to cover expense due to:
- Vehicle returned in “dirty” or “unreasonable” condition.
- Fuel tank not filled.
- Toilet Cassette not emptied.
- Vehicle returned beyond the agreed time
All Camper Vans are designated Strictly Smoke Free and we will tolerate no exceptions and reserve the right to charge cleaning fees required to restore fabrics and Interior to original condition again .
Any parking or traffic infringements incurred are the responsibility of the hirer. All resulting parking and or speeding fines will be deducted from the bond or credit card along with an additional NZD$20.00 fee to cover credit card, administration and postage fees.
To secure the booking a non-refundable deposit of 20% of the total booking fee (NZ$500 minimum) is required.
The remaining balance of all rentals is due on or before the commencement of the rental period and will be deducted using the credit card details provided when securing the booking unless alternative arrangements are given.
Payment can be made by credit card or cash (NZ$). We accept Visa or MasterCard.
All payments are calculated in NZD$ ( New Zealand dollars).
All credit card transactions incur a 2.5% surcharge
Booking cancellations made 15 days or more prior to pick up date will be refunded 50% of the deposit paid.
No refunds are given for cancellations made less than 15 days prior to pick-up date.
There are no refunds for early returns or cancellations after commencement of hire, however, in some circumstances your travel insurance may cover the unused portion of your rental. If for any other reason it is determined that a refund is due, we will process the refund back to the original credit card charged, otherwise a refund cheque will be posted. All refunds are made in NZD$. The Company does not accept any liability for currency exchange rate fluctuations.
Rental extensions either prior to commencement or during your hire period are subject to fleet availability. Failure to obtain authorisation to alter your return date will result in the hirer being charged a late return penalty of their daily rate plus an additional NZ$200 per day for each day the vehicle exceeds its return date.
Please discuss our hours of operation on collection of your vehicle to avoid unnecessary late return fees.
We are open Mon-Fri 8.30am to 5.30pm, sat 9am-4pm and CLOSED sundays and Christmas day
Allow time for disembarkment and transfers in these hours of Operation
If the hirer wishes to change the return destination of their vehicle after commencement of the hire period booking, they must first notify us and request permission. This may be denied due to future booking requirements. Any approved return destination changes may incur a one way recovery charge for the vehicle .
- All prices and Specifications are subject to change due to fleet upgrades or changes
- We reserve the right to amend these terms & conditions, vehicle specifications and tariffs at any time without prior notice.
- We reserve the right to refuse any rental at our/its own discretion
388 Paton Rd
Richmond, Nelson 7081
Phone: Freecall NZ ONLY 0800 696 686 or Mobile +64 21 544859